Finding your specifics: dialing down your message

Nov 3, 2019 | 0 comments

Over 90% of what people hear has nothing to do with the words you actually say. Finding your specifics is important.

Choosing your words is important because, on average, only 7% of what we speak is actually heard. The other 93% is communicated through facial expressions and tone of voice.

This means people remember their perception of your overall message more than your actual message. It also means if people only hear a small portion of what you say, then the content in your message becomes crucial.

Saying the right things to the right people at the right time is important. Creating a connection is about knowing how to project your feelings and passion onto others, but passion without defined specifics can get lost in translation. 

Here are some questions to ask yourself that will help you in finding your specifics:

What are three words you would use to describe your business? Once you have those words, you’ve started to define your company’s specific values. 

What are three words that describe how you want people to feel about your product/service? Once you have those words, you’ve started to define your brand specifics and tone.

What are three common traits/interests of your average customer? Once you have those traits, you’ve started to define your audience and their values.

Where are three places you can think of finding your average customer? Once you identify these places, you’ve defined where to start talking with your audience. 

All of these questions and answers lead to the fun part – shaping your message to connect the specifics of your business and specifics of your audience so your message is better received.

To learn 5 things you can do to brand your social media, click here.

0 Comments

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Whatever your next project, our team will get it done.