Using any of the banned Instagram hashtags can result in your Instagram account being suspended or your posts not being shown to any audience. This action is based on failure to follow the Instagram Community Guidelines.
So, what are banned Instagram hashtags and how do you know?
Banned hashtags are determined when a hashtag has been overused in explicit or inappropriate content. When this happens, Instagram bans the delivery of posts using that hashtag. This means that when you use a banned hashtag, without knowing it, Instagram will suppress the post and won’t share it with anyone. This is obviously a concern for a business if your intent of the post was to connect with your audience.
So, to avoid getting your posts hidden from your audience, here’s how to find out if a hashtag is banned on Instagram:
- Tap on the magnifying glass icon, which is like an Explore tab.
- Type the hashtag in the search bar.
- From the list that appears, click on the one closest to the top that matches your search.
- If it is banned, you will see a message at the top that says, “Recent posts from (hashtag) are currently hidden because the community has reported some content that may not meet Instagram’s community guidelines.”
Hashtags can be banned either temporarily or on an indefinite basis so it’s worth checking again if you are committed to using it.
What are the banned hashtags in 2019? We’ve got the list!
- hardworkpaysoff, but #hardworkpaysoff💪 works
- snapchat, but #snapchat👻 works
To learn more about how to use hashtags on Instagram to drive more traffic to your page, click here.